I am doing subreddit series that track down various music used in several mods, and found that I could add few music to several page. But I don't sure if I should directly link it to the video the music is from, or reupload it with leaderscreen and DoM screen as found in JFD's Roosevelt. for example
I saw you added many civilopedia icons of units, buildings etc. When I converted DDS files to PNG, there were some kind of encrypted (as in this image). How did you manage to "fix" these icons? Did you downloaded them from site or did you found an tutorial? If yes, could you send me adress of this site?
I don't think you get what I mean. I writted that I have arleady converted the files to PNG, but they are some sort of puzzles. What I meant is how to put them back together. I don't think that the paint.NET will be necessary, because I have Photoshop and as far as I know, paint.NET is similar to PS.
Xax22 wrote: I don't think you get what I mean. I writted that I have arleady converted the files to PNG, but they are some sort of puzzles. What I meant is how to put them back together. I don't think that the paint.NET will be necessary, because I have Photoshop and as far as I know, paint.NET is similar to PS.
you don't get what i meant, really. you don't need to unscramble them if you can save them as unscrambled in the first place. and you can just open up any DDS with paint.net and save it as PNG with no hassle whatsoever.
Sorry to bother you again, but I hate adding units to the unit pages without eh small blackened alpha image. How do you switch it from the white image the mods contain to the black image? Tried doing it manually and took forever so I'm assuming you have an easier way to do this
I'd like to help out creating pages, but I'm not 100% sure on where to find everything for it. (For example, overview in the mod folder, where is that?) If you don't need my help, that's cool too, just thought I might as well try. If you do want my help, what's the template you are using? Cause dang you put that page up fast.
- The template at the top of every page is the Civs template. I think it was copied over from the Civ wiki and got a few things added to it for the mods.
- Overview is just straight from the Civilopedia. There should be a Game Text XML file in every mod. Start with a snippet from the whole civ's entry, then a snippet from the leader's, then the entire Dawn of Man, then every Introduction and Defeat line there. The lines might be in a separate file titled leader text or something. It varies between modders.
- Mod support, especially Events and Decisions, might be more difficult to find, though if you're looking to make pages for Hiram's mods, I wouldn't worry about it; not many of his civs have support for them.
- All the art assets are in the art folder, but in .dds files. I found an extractor a while ago, you could probably just google it. Also be sure to crop the files for the leader / unit / building icons; I usually use GIMP's fuzzy select + Image > Crop to Selection.
- Credits list / music is usually listed on the steam workshop page. I often forget to fill in the music section though :/
- Be sure that the Unique Attributes table is all one column. It tends to look weird otherwise. Also, the icons' widths should all be 145 px.